January 18, 2007

"Finders-Keepers?" - book!!

Yesterday was "Snowday" (i.e., little snow mixed with sleet and freezing rain in Dallas-Texas is quite a big deal) and hence my University was closed. I felt like a kid all over again as I was keenly watching the closings on TV hoping that UTD will remain closed for the day. Not that it mattered, but I was quite happy when I finally saw the email about university closing due to inclement weather.

As I was enjoying my snow-day, I happened to see the book "Finders-Keepers? A True story" written by Robert Arnett for children. We bought this book as a future gift for our niece. This book won a number of awards. It has an excellent message for all age groups. It is a true story about a little boy in Mt.Abu - Rajasthan, that happened during the author's visit to India. The boy found the author's wallet on the road and returned it him. The author offered him a reward in return but the boy refused to take the reward. The boy told the author that he should not be rewarded for doing the right thing. A very heart-warming story with a wonderful message that we should not expect rewards for performing our duties.

This can be a good gift for kids. It has beautiful illustrations by Smitha Turakhia and nice description of Mt Abu. On the whole a good read for all ages.

Site Meter